Things To Do In Charlottetown, PEI
Book your stay at the Holman Grand to enjoy easy access to all the top things to do in Charlottetown, PEI! Situated in the heart of downtown, incredible restaurants, historic sites, and entertaining attractions are all within walking distance of your charming room or suite. Whether you’re travelling to the area for business or pleasure, the Holman Grand is your top choice when visiting the Birthplace of Confederation.
History & Culture
A visit to historic Charlottetown isn’t complete without an inside look into some of the city’s most iconic institutions. Just a few steps from our hotel, make sure to stop by these historic attractions during your stay with us at the Holman Grand.
- Province House National Historic Site. Explore the site where the Fathers of Confederation first met.
- Confederation Centre of the Arts. Located right beside the hotel, check out Canada’s longest-running musical, Anne of Green Gables – The Musical, or explore the Confederation Centre Art Gallery.
- Beaconsfield Historic House. Originally built in 1877, this elegant home has been transformed into a museum that gives visitors an inside look at PEI during the Victorian era.
There are a ton of incredible historic sites in Charlottetown. To fit them all in, book a tour of the city!
Not too far from downtown Charlottetown, visitors will find incredible beaches to relax and soak up the sun.
- Singing Sands Beach. Named for the singing sound that emits when you press your toes into this luxe sand, Singing Sand Beach is the perfect place to enjoy a romantic stroll.
- Cavendish Beach.Check out some of the famed PEI red sand at this popular beach, a 45 minute drive north of the Holman Grand Hotel.
Anne Of Green Gables
As the setting for the classic Canadian novel, Anne of Green Gables, Prince Edward Island is committed to honouring this classic tale and the land that inspired it. Throughout your stay, make sure to stop by these Anne of Green Gables attractions.
- Author L.M. Montgomery’s Birthplace & the L.M. Montgomery Institute at the University of PEI.
- Check out Anne Of Green Gables – A Musical at the Confederation Centre of the Arts
- Visit Green Gables Heritage Place to explore the original house and 19th century gardens.
Get some shopping in during your stay at the Holman Grand Hotel with ease!
- Connected to the hotel, you’ll find the Confederation Court Mall, equipped with a ton of retail stores, speciality shops, and everything else you need to enjoy a pleasant shopping experience.
- Stroll down to the Charlottetown Waterfront, up Queen Street, and down the pedestrian-only Victorian Row for some of the best shopping in the city.
- Head just outside the city centre to spend a day at the Charlottetown Mall, featuring all your favourite shops.
With incredible ocean views and stunning green courses, one of the top things to do in Charlottetown is enjoy a day at the green. Our favourite places to play include:
- Fall Flavours Festival - August - Septemeber
- Harbourfront Theatre Festival - July - September
- The Guild Festival - May - October
- Jack Frost Children's Festival - February
For more informaiton on Charlottetown's rotating list of exciting events, visit Discover Charlottetown.
Planning a night out on the town? Charlottetown is known for its incredible culinary scene, providing visitors with endless options for delicious dining. Check out a couple of our favourites!
A stay at the Holman Grand Hotel gets you closer to all the best things to do in Charlottetown. Book your stay today!